What is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi?
Let us tell you, Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-Kisan Yojana) is a government scheme, which was started by the government led by PM Narendra Modi and came into force from 1st December 2018. Under the pm kisan samman (PM-Kisan) scheme, financial assistance of Rs 6000 per year is given to the eligible beneficiary farmer families. 2000 is provided in 3 installments of Rs.2000 each in 4 months. The funds are directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
Who are eligible?
Under this scheme the state government and union territory administration identifies those farmer families who are eligible for assistance as per the scheme guidelines. The amount is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. All land holder eligible farmer families can avail benefits under this scheme. However, there are some conditions for this, such as-
- Farmer families cultivating cultivable land can apply under this scheme.
- Farmers from both rural and urban areas can apply
- Small and marginal farmers can take advantage of the family scheme.
Who is not eligible?
Tax paying citizens, professional and institutional landholders like doctors, engineers or lawyers are not eligible for this scheme. Apart from this, families holding constitutional posts or retired persons having pension more than Rs 10,000 per month cannot apply under this scheme.
Benefits of the scheme
Under this scheme, financial benefits are given to all the landholder farmer families. The family gets this thousand rupees in three equal installments in a year.
How to apply?
- Farmers have to approach the local revenue officer (patwari) or the nodal officer designated by the state government.
- Farmers can also approach the Common Service Centers (CSCs) which have been authorized to register for the scheme on payment of fee.
- Farmers can also register themselves through Farmers Corner on PM-Kisan Portal.
- For this basic details are required for registration including name, age, gender, category (SC/ST), Aadhar number or any other prescribed document for identity.